SuzyQ's Views

SuzyQ's Views
SUZY Q's VIEWS -- See them on the Facebook page. Just click on her image.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

I Got to a Meet and Greet

Saturday, I found a few spare minutes before I drove to Lehigh Valley for a lunch date with a friend.  I decided to swing by the Meet and Greet being held at the pet store near where I live, as four of the Almost Home adoptables, and two of the Molly's Dogs were there in hopes of finding their new furever homes.

So I got to meet and greet some of the Molly's Dogs I'd never met or greeted before.

Charlie
The first pooch I had the pleasure of meeting was chunky Charlie, a beagle mix who certainly made me chuckle.  Look at him!  He grinned and made sure I knew he was ready for his close-up!  The hardest part for me was catching him without his tail wagging, which seemed to wag his entire body.
 




Daisy
Meet darling Daisy! I couldn't resist posting more than one picture of her.  She's a youngster who is somewhat shy, but she sure rates 100 on the cuteness scale!



Kelly

Then there was cool Kelly, a mottled beauty who stood patiently waiting for her special person to come along.  She seemed curious and interested in all the action around her.

Jackson


As for jovial Jackson, he showed off how well he knows his tricks and earns his treats.  He was at full attention for those treats!  For a young little guy, he already knows where his bread is buttered and will be a wonderful addition to anyone's home.

Layla

Lolling Layla, one of my personal favorites, was also in attendance.  Sadly, she's been lolling at Molly's for way too long, but is still hopeful that the right family will come along soon.  In the meantime, she enjoys the opportunity to get out, and loves her walks.


Buckeye

And buoyant Buckeye, who was one of the dogs at last week's training session, also enjoyed meeting and greeting potential adopters. He's patient and good-natured, and even though he's a little older, he's confident someone will recognize his qualities and welcome him home.

Rescue dogs can be anything from sweet and docile, to fearful and confused.  But for the most part, I think they are grateful to be out of their prior situation, and they really try hard to please.  Most make wonderful pets, and may the efforts of Almost Home Dog Rescue continue until there are no more dogs to rescue -- because everyone is responsible and neuters their dog (or cat) and loves their furry family member.  Amen! 



No comments:

Post a Comment